Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The most wonderful time of the year.

Have you ever seen that commercial with the dad dancing up and down every school supply aisle, while "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" played on the store speakers? That commercial always made me crack up. Still does, even though I am jealous of that guy because he clearly gets to send his kids off everyday, and mine are always in the next room, fighting.

Nah, it's not that bad. And I really do love homeschooling. Especially in September! Everything is fresh and exciting. January, however, would have me dancing up and down the aisles if I could take the rest of the year off.

We started school today and I wish I could bottle Ikie's excitement as she completely 3 1/2 math worksheets, constantly asking to "do more school." Any bets how long it will be before she's groaning and saying she hates school?

But both kids were eager and happy to learn today, so I will take it one day at a time. We are using Five in a Row again, after a really successful last year. On top of that, we are also doing math (of course, blech) and Apologia science again. Last year we did Apologia Astronomy (LOVED it!), so this year we are starting their zoology studies. We are in Zoology I, which is the flying creatures of the 5th day. So far I can tell we'll be studying wasps and beetles on top of the furry flying things, so that should be fun.

Tomorrow night the kids go back to Awana (except this year it's not Awana anymore, they're calling it ITZ), and I start Bible study again. I can't wait! I miss Bible study SO much during the summer and can never wait to go back. I stepped down from any kind of leadership this year (last year I was an assistant group leader) only because I have so much going on with children's ministry.

Okay I'm even boring myself here.

Really quick and I'll explain more later, but have you heard of the book The Beauty Detox Solution?


 I'm still not too far along in it but have been reading Kim's blog and Facebook updates for a few weeks, and about a week or so ago started her Glowing Green Smoothie that I've been reading about everywhere. My goodness, I have never felt better. I just feel so good. My energy is a million times better (today I didn't even need coffee *gasp!*) and my skin has completely cleared up. Yeah, we won't even go into the teenage acne that decided to camp out on my face on my 29th birthday and never leave.

Anyway.

Gotta get rest to handle the 2nd day of school excitement.

Melly out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey you! I welcome all comments and love to hear from you! No one likes to talk to themselves. ;)

Thanks for stopping by!