Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Fat Cyclist

I posted a link yesterday to a blog I've just recently found, and one that I check obsessively now. My heart is just broken and I am weeping as I think of this family.



Because I am still new to their story, I will share the few details I know and implore you to reach out- in prayer, in words, whatever you can offer. I simply cannot imagine going through what they are.

Elden is the blog's author, also known as "Fatty" (which he is not, at all). He has been married to Susan for nearly 21 years and they have 4 kids- two teen boys and young twin girls. I cannot even begin to do this amazing family justice with my words (and honestly, tears are pouring down my face as I even try) so I will just share that Susan was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2004. She had a mastectomy and they, rightfully, thought the cancer was behind them. But in 2007 it returned, and spread to other parts of her body.

Now, Susan's body is beginning to shut down (I hate to even write that and I feel like such a jerk) and I my heart hurts at what Elden and their children must be going through.

I am so horrified and heartbroken right now. Cancer just royally, royally sucks.

1 comment:

Hey you! I welcome all comments and love to hear from you! No one likes to talk to themselves. ;)

Thanks for stopping by!