Friday, June 6, 2008

Tornado watch

We are in Michigan right now; this is actually our last night. For the past week we had been staying in Northern Michigan but drove back down to Detroit this afternoon for our flight tomorrow.

I know that tornado watches aren't a big deal to a lot of people that live out here (or other areas that have them), but I will just say they scare the crap out of me! Just like people always say they could never live in CA because of the earthquakes, I always shrug that off because we get SO few- and ones that are never too serious at that. But why is it every time I come to Michigan there is severe weather?

Last year (to the day) when Mikey & I came out here with my mom, our first night at my grandpa's house we had massive thunderstorms and supposedly a tornado watch. I was so nonchalant before we went to bed (and before the storm hit) but when I woke up at 2am to loud thunder and almost constant lightning, my teeth were chattering and I couldn't stop saying the name of Jesus! Now, here we are again and as we sat at the Tigers game I watched the evening sky go from a beautiful blue to an intimidating gray.

I can say though that I feel safer here than I did a few days ago! At least here we're on the bottom floor of the hotel!

I know we'll be fine and the more massive storms are hitting in IN, but I'll be happy to be away from this. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey you! I welcome all comments and love to hear from you! No one likes to talk to themselves. ;)

Thanks for stopping by!