Thursday, June 26, 2008

Q: Melody? A: Absent

I haven't posted here in ages. There has been a lot going on in our lives, so this blog has been the least of my worries.

The kids are well. Ikey just celebrated her 4th birthday yesterday and her party is this weekend. To say she's excited would be the understatement of the year!! We began counting down to her birthday probably about 2 weeks ago, and she was the happiest girl when we woke her up with our singing (I know, yikes) yesterday. But she still refuses to believe she's 4 until her party, and she is looking forward to her party more than I've ever seen her excited for something! It's so cute. She keeps asking me "How many sleeps Mommy?" and she corrects me every time I say "party" by saying "No Mommy. My birthday pawty." LOL We are having a Littlest Pet Shop party but Mommy has been a real slacker. Normally I am all gung-ho with their parties but with getting back from vacation 2 1/2 weeks ago, Mikey's K graduation and all the other chaos surrounding us, she's getting minimal. ;) But we're having about 35 people over (over half of those kids) for swimming, lunch and a pinata.

Mikey is doing well! Like I said, he just graduated Kindergarten! I really need to share those pics. Well, tons of pics actually. He just got done today with an art workshop with our new favorite artist Charlene Rice (check her out!! We <3 her!!) and he did so well. She fell in love with him, understandably. ;) She only lives 2 miles from us, though we "found" her when we visited her booth at Spirit West Coast last month in San Diego. She is an AMAZING artist and we adore her!! We bought two of her awesome paintings that weekend in SD, and can't wait to get more! But now we have Mikey originals and those are even better. :)

Anyway, Mikey's birthday is next month, and he'll be 6! He's so happy to be all done with school for the summer and did SO well last year. I can't believe he'll be in 1st grade now!

Well, I need to get things done for Ikey's party this weekend: pinata and loot bags filled, food planned, etc. Bye!

1 comment:

Hey you! I welcome all comments and love to hear from you! No one likes to talk to themselves. ;)

Thanks for stopping by!