Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Oy, what a week.

We are all (sorta) moved into our new house. We still have til the end of the month to get out of our old one, so sadly that is not much of a motivator to get done early. Yet it's still looming over our heads and I can't wait to just be done with that house.

If anyone were to come over my house right now, they'd surely wonder what in the world I've done with my time. So, I'd show them my nicely lined kitchen cupboards and pray they'd understand how very long it took to wipe down every cupboard and drawer (because the last tenants definitely did not do it the entire time they were here!).

I've unpacked ONE box.

I am now in the process of stripping the dirty, peeling shelf paper from my gigantic pantry before I can even put our food in there.

But I really shouldn't complain about all of this because this house is wonderful and we are so blessed.

So bees are a blessing, right? ;) Because we have thousands. They weren't there the first few days we were here, but yesterday while I was out swimming with the kids I noticed quite a few swarming around this one corner of our yard. Sure enough, there were even more by the time Big Hunk got home from his baseball game, and we could tell they were all going under this large plastic rock that's there. So, Hunkie decided to give them all a bath last night. ;) You would not believe the PILE of bees after he did that. It was disgusting. But, most of them were still alive and kicking today. So needless to say no swimming for a couple days. He got some bee killer tonight and hopefully that will do the trick, because a local exterminator wanted to charge $250 to take care of it!!

I started this entry on Monday, and it's now Tuesday night. I am so stinking tired. I am getting NO down time right now, so by the end of the day I am just wiped out. Tuesdays are always a bit crazy anyway, but today especially. I had Bible study this morning (only one more week until we break for the summer) then after that the kids & I headed over to the old house to load up some stuff and knocking down my to-do list there. I only planned on staying a little bit, but we ended up being there until like 5pm (we got there about noon) and Tom had to pick up dinner on his way home. Augh. I got a lot done there, but nothing done at the new house and we are still living out of boxes. I hate having to dig through stacks and stacks of clothes to find something to wear.

Well I'm tired and I should go because I don't want to do anything but complain. ;)


  1. While you are working on that To Do list, add "Take pics of the house and post on COF"...ok? lol

  2. I'm so glad the move went well! How is it that we accumulate so much stuff anyway? Good luck getting it all put away :)

    BTW, I didn't mean to ignore you about the link to You**T*ube for A's dad. Here it is (I think!)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ3eJw8sFLQ

    There's several others of him, including a "Zen Rap". Only 1 more day to work with that fool and I'm done...WOOHOO!

  3. That's exactly how I felt about the video. Made me sick to my stomach...ugh.


Hey you! I welcome all comments and love to hear from you! No one likes to talk to themselves. ;)

Thanks for stopping by!