Friday, May 9, 2008

Oh my.

When did I get so old?? Seriously. I feel like I went to bed one night (coincidentally, before moving), and woke up the next morning with not even NEAR enough energy to get through the day!!

I have been on my feet all day, and I finally have to call it quits. Unpacking, cleaning (I feel like I've been cleaning my kitchen for 3 days and am just NOW done!), playing with the kids, shopping... it never ends. And now I have to get up early in the morning so I can sweep and mop this gargantuan of a house before Mike's baseball game (you know, before the 2 hour drive to Malibu, a one hour game, then a 2 hour drive home!), so my parents and sister's family can come over. I can't even tell you how much tile is in this freaking house. All of upstairs (the bedrooms) is carpet, but all downstairs is this really pretty tile (I believe marble, but I'm not sure) except for two small areas. Like I can sit here at the computer and look clear across the house and see nothing but tile. Thaaat's gonna be a fun morning.

Ike is in her bed for the first night tonight, and I'm praying she sleeps well. She has been in our bed every night since we moved, and I feel like I'm getting no sleep. Of course, having her clear down the hallway might not be too good for my sleep either, but we got a monitor today to ease my worries. And not even of her safety! But because that child is a little stinker! One night, quite a while back (a year and a half?), we had rabbits and had gotten them a large cage. We put it in the living room, and that night, I woke up to see the hall light was on. I saw that she was gone from her bed, and as I rolled my eyes and sighed down the hallyway, I found her IN the cage with the rabbits. IN it!! Not just her head, her whole freaking body. At like 3 o'clock in the morning!!! Other times have found her sneaking candy out of the pantry, etc. So needless to say we always put a gate up after that so she couldn't get down the hall, but hence the monitor now. ;) The playroom is right next to her bedroom so I can already see the wheels turning, thinking of a midnight Barbie party.

So not much planned for Mother's Day, but I am so looking forward to it! It's one of my favorite days of the year, being I can expect to be spoiled without looking selfish. LOL Like I said, my parents and sister & her family are coming over tomorrow evening to BBQ (can't wait to try a new shrimp skewers recipe!). Then, we will head to church Sunday morning and hang out the rest of the day. This is one of the few weekends Tom doesn't have baseball, so I will take full advantage of having him home on a Sunday! If the weather cooperates, we'll probably just spend the day out by the pool in the sun. Of course the weather was chilly and overcast all day today though, so we'll see. It changes constantly.

Well I hope everyone has a fabulous Mommy's Day!! ((hugs))

1 comment:

Hey you! I welcome all comments and love to hear from you! No one likes to talk to themselves. ;)

Thanks for stopping by!