Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Fun week

Do you ever wonder how in the world you ever kept yourself busy before kids? I seriously feel like I am always running in 9 different directions, with at least 100 items on my to-do list, and 5 things planned each day. Per kid! ;) All I can ever think of that I used to do is work. We were truly too broke to ever do much of anything, but I know I felt busy at the time! Oh, if only I'd have known...

It's been a nice week so far; we just got home from Malibu late yesterday morning. Sunday had to be the most beautiful day ever. The sky was so clear from windstorms the night before, and the weather was in the mid-70's-- perfect for the beach. In the late afternoon we did just that, and it was gorgeous. Couldn't have been a more perfect day. I of course got a bazillion photos and tried uploading them Sunday, but you know how that goes. ;) Maybe after the kids are in bed tonight.

On Saturday night we had our good friends over for dinner, and we had an absolute blast. I seriously don't remember the last time I have laughed that hard- my head hurt after they left! LOL We have only gotten to really know D & J over the past couple weeks, but it's one of the few times in our lives when we have just totally clicked with a couple, and we have such a great time with them. There isn't even a single pause in conversation (or laughter) and we just have so much to talk about. And they love my children to boot! ;)

BH just found out a little while ago from D that they are heading into the hospital tonight to have their baby! :D I'm so thrilled! Since I didn't get to talk to her I am assuming that because today is her due date and she had a doctor's appt, they may be inducing her (D had a 20 minute conversation with Tom so I can't imagine she's in labor right now LOL). I know she wasn't opposed to the idea of induction. So I'm sooo excited that I will get to meet her new baby on Thursday when we head back up there, if we don't go to the hospital tomorrow. I guess I am just super excited for her because this is her first baby (his fourth, but the youngest is 11) and everything is just so new and foreign. I so remember those days! When you feel like labor will NEVER come, and you have no clue what things will be like. I can't wait to see this beautiful baby! :)

Speaking of babies, if you think of it, can you please keep someone in your prayers? A girl in my Bible study had her baby boy on Friday, and Saturday he went in for heart surgery- I guess the two arteries are switched around. I don't know any specific details, but he has to go back in on Friday for open-heart surgery. :( If you can please just keep the momma and baby Jeremiah in your prayers, I know they would appreciate it. I can't imagine going through this!

Well, dinner is almost ready. My house is the biggest disaster in history since we've hardly been home the past few weeks, so I need to get it picked up before we head out again. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey you! I welcome all comments and love to hear from you! No one likes to talk to themselves. ;)

Thanks for stopping by!