Monday, July 7, 2008

The bride.

I came across this story a few years ago in my Max Lucado Devotional Bible, and kind of forgot about it. When I found it again a couple days ago the timing couldn't have been better. Such a beautiful picture.

________________________________________


Seeing Ourselves as God Sees Us

Look long enough into the eyes of our Savior and, there too, you will see a bride. Dressed in fine linen. Clothes in pure grace. From the wreath in her hair to the clouds at her feet, she is royal; she is the princess. She is the bride. His bride. Walking toward him, she is not yet with him. But he sees her, he awaits her, he longs for her.
"Who could bear to live without her?" you hear him whisper.
And who is that bride? Who is this beauty who occupies the heart of Jesus?
It is not nature. He loves his creation and creation groans to be with him, but he never called creation his bride.
It is not his angels. His angels are ever present to worship and serve him, but he never called the heavenly beings his bride.
Then who? Who is this bride about whom Jesus speaks and for whom Jesus longs? Who is this maiden who has captured the heart of God's son?
You are. You have captured the heart of God. "As a man rejoices over his new wife, so your God will rejoice over you." (Isaiah 62:5)
The challenge is to remember that. To meditate on it. To focus on it. To allow his love to change the way you look at you.
Do you ever feel unnoticed? New clothes and styles may help for a while. But if you want permanent change, learn to see yourself as God sees you: "He has covered me with clothes of salvation and wrapped me with a coat of goodness, like a bridegroom dressed for his wedding, like a bride dressed in jewels." (Isaiah 61:10) (taken from When Christ Comes by Max Lucado)

______________________________________________________

I just love that.

"Who could bear to live without her?"

That just takes my breath away. To think of my Creator and my Savior longing for me. Me.

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome, and what a good reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel,
    This is so awesome. I love it so much I have been checking in daily to reread it:) I love to be reminded daily about how much God loves me unconditionally. Thanks for the great reminder. Hope your summer is going well. I loved the video of Ronan at the Art class......what a cutie:) Have a blessed weekend:) Dena

    ReplyDelete

Hey you! I welcome all comments and love to hear from you! No one likes to talk to themselves. ;)

Thanks for stopping by!